Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Season the Groundhog's Day Approach


Another interesting week has come and gone. Not without drama, laughter, frustration and a little Christmas shopping thrown in. Our granddaughter, Hadleigh hit a milestone that none of my children accomplished at her age. She made her first visit to see Santa. I was in a panic wondering would she sit on his lap, cry some of the things parents and grandparents cringe at in that first picture. But I am happy to say that she did wonderful. To see the wonder in her eyes at looking up at the white bearded man was in itself priceless.

Which made me think several times this week. Maybe I will keep that Christmas joy and its decorations up in my house until just before spring! One thing that I think I may have a touch of is the approaching winter duldrums and just having and seeing the lights, the decorations may keep those duldrums at bay. I will give anything a try.

People laugh at me because ice skating is considered a winter sport and it is cold and I did it all my life, so you would think that winter wouldn't be such an issue. It has only been since moving to the midwest where you experience all the seasons-some more than others.

So if you happen to drop by my house after New Year's Day don't be in total shock if you see a Christmas tree and Santa Claus and all the other symbols of the holiday season, I am just keeping the winter duldrums from knocking at my door.

2 comments:

L S Fisher said...

Besides you don't have to take it down and put it away! If you leave it up all year, you don't have to decorate next year.

Cindy said...

I decided to leave it up at least until February 1 at this point. I will re-evaluate then. I still think it would be nice to leave it up at least until I know we won't have anymore snow..