Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Missouri Blizzard of 2011

As I posted on Facebook earlier, I am all for being a part of history making events, but this isn't what I had in mind.

For the past 36 hours all we have heard on the weather reports is that this could be the storm of our century. If you chat with people who are from where I live here in Missouri, some say they haven't seen anything like this since 1940's, 1969, 1982. Well those of us who are not born and raised here this is our first blizzard.

As I am posting this the snow is almost to the valves on the fire hydrant outside my window. My poor dogs are not real thrilled on having to suit up (yes they have little snow coats) and venture out to do their business. Earlier this morning they ventured to the base of the house where there wasn't any snow, but now with the wind blowing the snow every which way they will be lucky to make it two steps out the door.

I am wagering that I will be snowed until possibly until Friday. I know to those who live on the sunny west coast, you haven't a clue, those who live on the east coast think "hey this happens all the time to us, especially this year". I spoke with a client today from Toronto, Canada who really had an "oh well" attitude. But to be honest I think we are all sick of the wacky weather we have all been experiencing around the country.

Another one of my first thoughts today was "this must be what it is like to live in a snow globe". I have several in my skating memorabilia and I have a whole different perspective on them now.

My poor doggies want nothing to do with the outside world at this point. For one reason they are too small and might get lost in it.

Well I am sure this will be the storm that we will be talking about for years to come. I am seriously thinking about flying south for the winter in the future.

No comments: