Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Friday, January 25, 2013

Showing my Love of Skating

In trying to organize my life recently, I had our main business in one closet and my Dove Chocolate Business in another, organization is usually always a part of our lives in almost each and everything that we do; if we are lucky. I guess that's why I like many other people have gotten somewhat addicted to Pinterest. It gives you an opportunity to have several boards of fun things that either are currently a part of your life or maybe your past life and also something that maybe you have on a bucket or wish list of sorts. that may be important to you and that is fun to share with others.

 Dorothy Hamill-1985
Ice Capades-1979

I came across some "vintage" Ice Capades, Holiday on Ice and World Tour Programs. It was always a time of enjoyment when the Ice Capades or some show was arriving in town.  I guess for skaters this was their version of the circus to some kids. The rush to buy front-row seats was always a highlight so that you might get a chance to be picked by one of the skaters (hopefully someone you might have known and skated with)  especially as a smaller child to ride on ice with them. Although it has been many moons since I have attended any skating event  (2002 was the last event I attended for the first with my niece in Kansas City after moving to MO) and with the Ice Capades disbanding many years ago, unless you go on a cruise ship the shows are almost like dinosaurs--you have to dig to find them.

When I struggle through daily ups and downs to take a little time and thumb through programs and wonder "Where are They Now?" or "The Good Old Days". I feel so blessed to have been able to thumb through this wonderful programs.

If you would like to see more of the programs I have collected go to Pinterest and type in Figure Skating Daze.


2 comments:

L S Fisher said...

I'm on pintrest, but don't understand it yet and haven't had time to look around too much.

Cindy said...

I have had a lot of fun with it. Have used several food receipe ideas. I am still learning about it myself but a good way to divert you mind and develop ideas.