Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, April 14, 2014

Butterfly Visitor

Goalder Photography

A little shameless plug for my daughter Jennifer the photographer. She capture this photographic moment in her yard this weekend and the caption read, "Spring is Here 2014". After I saw the photo I had a quiet "aha" moment in church yesterday like I sometimes do just before the service. I call these quiet moments grandma times. 

When I was little I frequently accompanied my grandma Ruby to church on Sundays. I always enjoyed this time with her and I believe my early beginnings at church helped me to make the decision ten years ago to return to my Lutheran faith.

Recently I have been bringing my oldest granddaughter, Hadleigh to our blended service once a month. She has already shown a desire to sing and learn about Jesus through her pre-school time.

I also thought that the butterfly symbolized my other grandma Edith. April 18th will mark the 12 year anniversary since her passing. I couldn't help but wonder if maybe the visit was her way of wishing Hadleigh a Happy 4th Birthday a little early (April 14th).  Hadleigh and my grandma Edith also share the same middle name (Amazetta).

Unfortunately, neither grandma was able to meet Hadleigh but I think by carrying a little bit of both of them inside she will grow to be a terrific young lady.

No comments: