Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, January 14, 2017

End of the Year--Beginning of the Year

Try as I might several times actually, unsuccessfully I have attempted to pen thoughts on the end of the year and what to look forward to at the beginning of 2017. Well lets just say, "I have given up". Let's face it 2016 seems like a year in a nutshell best described as a nightmare, highs, lows and basically a year that should be chalked up to as "a hell of an experience". I guess some would call it life. Just the fact that personally most of us made it through the year is a miracle.

Looking into the first 14 days of 2017, personally I am in day 2 of waiting for a maga ice storm. As per usual,some of the media has hyped it to out of proportion levels. Our local stores have been pounded all week of people shopping as if it is the last supper, zombie apocalypse or whatever the term you choose.  What are we to do? Some people have been sucked in but mostly realistic people are staying put until the all clear sign which probably won't happen until Monday if we are lucky.

So for the most part, we wait, keep busy, look to the future and hope for the best. I choose to post an array of pictures of what the possibilities are. We are still waiting for that 15 inches of expected snow this winter. Of course we could still get it all in one day. I surround myself with beach sunset pictures or beach views of my former life, and look toward when my plumeria flowers will bloom in who knows what color this year. 2017 it too is looking to be a dud or a doozie; what do you think?




No comments: