Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017--The Year That Was or Wasn't

Well again. We are at the end of another year. Yes, I know some people don't even get a chance to say that. As I have watched several in memoriam segments on TV the last couple days I find a couple people that have passed on I wasn't aware they had. As you get older and cynicism sets in and you look back to see if you have accomplished all that you have wanted out of life no matter how long or short that life may be it is really only for your own benefit that we even probably put ourselves through these thoughts. Does anyone really care?

I heard somewhere recently that "blogging" is a thing of the past. Really the only people that do it is because maybe they can't say what they really want directly. For many years I have never had problems saying what I really feel either in front of or behind a blog posting. It may not always be appreciated,  my philosophy of "do you want me to lie or tell you the truth" has become a mantra year after year. Truth be told I haven't blogged as much this year as in years past. My reason at the moment...sometimes skating through life gets complicated and difficult when you do not wear the skates anymore. It isn't always about the shiny blades, white boots and costumes. It may be just about stepping on the slippery surface and hoping you can stay upright and the routine gets completed without an unexpected fall (which I did this week) and the appreciated applause at the end.

Having stated all this 2017 has been a year of embarrassment, empowerment, roadblocks, realizations, reality, sorrow, rebellion (no matter how young or old you can always be rebellious), frustrations, and several other things sprinkled in.

No one ever knows what the next year will bring. I hope to be as prepared as one can be to glide on the ice of life. To use an old skating mantra; if you feel yourself falling, relax and don't tense up. Your less liable to get hurt. Guess I better use that technique more in 2018. Only time will tell.

No comments: