Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Leprechaun Story

I had a very uneventful St. Patrick's Day. No green beer, and no cornbeef and cabbage. But today on a walk with my daughter she told me a story that topped any celebrating I could possibly have done.

A friend she had told her a story that he claims is totally true. I am glad if it is true that it happened in our small town because I doubt if it had happened anywhere else that it would have been handled in such a kind way. I guess it pays to have compassion and a sense of humor all in one.

Anyway a woman who works at a local retailer was at work on Wednesday when her mentally challenged son called her from home. He is able to stay at home on his own and do the basic daily tasks. He called her on her phone very excited with the news that "He had caught a leprechaun and he had a pot of gold". "That's nice", the woman replied to her son and hung up. After multiple excited calls back to his mom, the woman told her boss that she thought there might be something wrong at home and maybe she should check it out.

When she got home, her son excitedly greeted her at the door with "I caught a leprechaun, he's in my room and he has a pot of gold!".. His mother was a little frightened to see what he had in his room but she proceeded in to his room.

There standing in her son's room was a "little person" on his cellphone holding a bag. It turns out that the person was a Jehovah's Witness going door to door delivering his message.

Anywhere else the police would have been called, the young man probably would have been arrested but apparently the little person was somewhat understanding of the situation.

It have to admit it made me laugh...

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

That is a funny story! I never knew leprechauns carried cell phones now-a-days. They are blessed with blarney, so I'm not surprised he was able to convince the mother that he was a Jehovah's Witness. Like anyone would believe THAT!