Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, April 26, 2010

If You Need Cheering Up-Buy Shoes

With only a few days left in this month and so many highs and lows, I can only imagine what the rest of the year will bring. I have taken on some things that were out of my box so to speak but each day brings a surprise.

Our new granddaughter is almost two weeks old and it is hard to believe how things can change in a little bit of time. Her birth brought me both tears and laughter for so many reasons. The road ahead will be filled with twists and turns a hundred times over.

This past weekend I participated in my sixth State Conference for what is now Business Women of Missouri. I am a few days away from becoming the President of our local group, Sedalia Business Women. It is going to be something completely new for me. I made the trip to the conference with a very wonderful friend. She is the sister I wished I'd had and I can always expect laughter in some way when I am with her. This weekend was no surprise.

Actually I think we may have figured out we might be shopping enablers of each other. It may or may not be a good thing but lets just say the shoe industry made out like bandits this weekend. In our defense we did have a purpose in a few of our purchases in thinking of others. For me I bought a much needed pair of work boots for my hubby and she bought a pair of pumps for a shopping challenge/donation. The other pairs were lets just say icing on the cake. But we got joy, laughter until we hurt and it will be something we will never forget.

Sometimes when your days get blurred together it is a breath of fresh air to have people around you that you know will make the sun shine on your day-even if it's raining.

Thanks

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Cindy, I still laugh when I think about ALL those shoes. Of course, we couldn't help it if we were rained-in at Naturalizer, could we?

I think a few other people aren't going to forget our shoeaholic personalities either!