Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Playing Catch Up or Slowing Down A Big Part of Life

I catch myself already saying to my nine month old granddaughter "slow down". At some point in the not so distant future I will probably tell her to "come on lets go, hurry up". Somehow we are never satisfied with the speed in which we travel in life or how others do sometimes either.

When I was skating I was usually in time with the music. (Sometimes I would skate to fast and be ahead). Sometimes I would scramble to catch up if I had a fall. The coach would always tell you "if you fall get up, go on and finish the program, No matter what.. One such time when I was competing at a national competition with my group we literally had a trainwreck, one of the ladies fell, and cut her nose. But she got up and continued on to finish. The picture taken after she proudly showed her battle scar and with all that we managed to "Survive the Trainwreck" as it was proudly known for years after.

I still haven't caught up and it's only nine days into 2011. Now really should be the time in my life where I should be able to slow down a little. But like "retirement" its not a word in my vocabulary.

The old saying "Stop and smell the roses--or coffee" whatever the case maybe I am going to try my best but I won't make any promises. Who am I kidding, until the day I die I will probably be rushing on to the next event, or task but I will never be accused of never doing enough..

No comments: