Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Every Book Can Still Tell a Story

It doesn't matter how long the information super highway grows, there will always be a need or yearning to hold a book of any kind in one's hands. At least there will be in mine. I haven't jumped to purchase a kindle, nook or whatever the new devise is called. I love to go and walk through bookstores and also through my local library. Aisle after aisle in total silence. Be it author, picture or by a recommendation there is something about turning each page and wondering what will come next, the smell of the paper and the feel between your fingers to me is relaxing.

So on tonight's news it touched my heart to see a story about a young man of eighty named Bill Strong.

Books who have been in families for generations and generations or not. He takes his variety of tools and supplies and revitalizes books for many more generations to come. Thank you Mr. Strong for the work you do. Go to www.strongbookrepair.com and read his interview that appeared in Princeton Town Topics.

Life back to the written word. Isn't it wonderful.

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

I'm such a book lover that I wasn't sure how much I would use my Nook, but I love it!

I still have to admire the paper versions and took time to read a "real" book before going back to the next library book on my Nook.