Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, August 8, 2015

It Is Not Fair I am Not Ready for It


Well it is another where has the time gone moment. Just a few short weeks until the school year starts, the state fair will start in less than four days, and a friend of mine from my skating days mentioned that practices and competitions will be starting very soon.  Where has the time gone? Oh and to also top that have noticed way to many social media mentions of how many days, weeks and paychecks until Christmas!

When I competed in synchronized skating we had many practice sessions to iron out what our yearly program would be. Change after change, decisions about costumes, planning where we would go and what competitions was always a major decision making process; and with 20+ women and coach that was no small task. Everyone had opinions, ideas and was typically a challenge to agree. Not so different than anything else in life.

The state fair starts this week in town so a barrage of people from all over will be upon us. Planning how to get out of my subdivision will be a challenge for most of the time, avoiding some areas entirely will also be top on the list. Hearing "have you went to the fair yet?" surely I will hear at least a dozen times over the course. I am pretty sure I will at least go once. Sometimes I think I dislike going to the fair because I know that when it is over, so is the summer.

Which brings me to the third unfair moment. Time flies and it is truly unbelievable that our oldest grandchild will be starting Kindergarten. I am not sure who is having a harder time with this her mother or myself. I mentioned to several people that I don't believe I had as much of an issue sending my own two children away to school as much as I am having a difficult time with her going. I chalk it up to our changing society. I hope what we have all taught her doesn't get ruined by going to school. How silly does it sound?  Her old soul characteristics that shine frequently hopefully won't be ruined by whatever system is in place for the moment.  Keeping up with what everyone else does, has or wants was not a part of what my kids dealt with in school early on. Now it seems to be a whole different kettle of fish. I think we might get t-shirts that say "Just because so and so told you too do it doesn't mean you have too".

Oh well usually no one is ready for what life has to throw at you, but guess I will have to continue to skate through life as best I can. No blog pun intended. Better strap on my sharpened blades, may be in for a bumpy ride.



2 comments:

L S Fisher said...

Time goes by too fast!

L S Fisher said...

Time goes by too fast!