Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Many Milestones of May

What would we do without milestone calendars?  No one can just have one calendar anymore. I certainly don't! From dry erase to daily planner to phone; one just isn't enough. Keeping track of myself plus everyone in line behind me and those in my circus tent. It definitely becomes challenging. Keeping track of major or minor milestones whether you are young or old makes for some interesting times especially at this time of year.

It hardly seems possible next month is 37 years since high school graduation. As I keep track on Facebook with many of those school friends, many of us have busy lives. Some married high school sweethearts, others had a second chance with a high school love, others have remained single and loving it. Still other's have passed on to heaven way to soon. But many are truly successful in every way.  Looking back I am sure none of us would look forward in time and think our lives would be what they are today. My hopes, dreams and milestones of those long ago years were not at all what my life turned out. Lots of surprises, twists and turns its been a ride to say the least.
Graduation Banning High School 1979 with friend Kim (Bury) Vinal


Whether it be graduating through years of school or just special milestones in life the milestones bring a flood of emotions and memories abound.

The journey through education has begun also for two of my grandchildren. Our oldest finished Kindergarten and our second oldest finished her first year of preschool. Both have come so far it is boggling to the mind. If I can see anything in my crystal ball I hope they both become successful, strong, opinionated (they are both on track with that last trait already) young women who follow whatever dreams they have in life.
Hadleigh 2016 Kindergarten Ms. LaCasse
Greenlee first and last day of Preschool 2016


 Summer for many was usually always a time of moving on too new places and adventures.

 A new friend recently retired from many years of teaching and molding young minds. Her excitement in turning over a new leaf in life has been refreshing. You never truly can expect what will happen as you put your hand on that door knob of life. Turning left or right you just forge on and hope good things are on the other side. I venture though that she will do just spectacular things.

We all have those moments in time where we may question our reasons. I have had many and will probably still continue to question some of the things and the outcomes that have occurred. Some of my milestone moments have been life changing, others well are yet to be determined I suspect.

Whatever May brings beside flowers, warmer weather and times of reflection only a few more days of May remain..Make them milestone moments.





1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Grandkids change so fast! Whitney's baccalaureate was at the same church where her kindergarten graduation was. Then, she said she wanted to be a ballerina when she grew up.Enjoyed your post!