Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The "Eyes" Don't Have it Anymore

I guess it's just a sign of dare I say getting older. I broke down yesterday and went to get my eye's checked. It had been almost 2 years and I had noticed little difference here and their for a while. I feel I have been fortunate because I didn't start wearing "glasses" until I was 21 years old. At the time it was due to lots of repetitive computer work. I wore them for a while then found I didn't need to wear them for up close work but that my distance vision got worse. I started wearing contact lenses about 13 years ago and I find those so much easier. I have always hated the feeling of glasses on my nose. I also the vein person I guess I am didn't like how I looked in glasses. I have to admit I remember the "four eyes" comments of my childhood probably didn't help my feeling about wearing my glasses.

Now that I have matured I find that the contacts work when I am driving or watching television but if I want to do up close work they really don't work. Sooo I am going to invest in both. Yes and I mean invest. $400 plus is alot and I know people probably pay way more for stronger prescriptions but if it helps I guess I have to suck it up.

The doctor tried to convenience me the possibility of bi-focals but I really don't see how they will help me personally. I can read and see up close just fine without either.

If this is the only thing I have to deal with at this time, I consider myself lucky.

No comments: