Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Thursday, April 23, 2009

If I Could Snap My Fingers


I know this seems like a strange title of a post but I needed to go into the fantasy of being able to snap my fingers and have the ability to change things at a given time. I know that probably seems selfish but if I could have one wish and I am sure I am not alone I always thought it would be terrific to have the ability to go back in certain parts of history and to be able to alter certain things. Mind you I am not trying to be God but I have always been intrigued by movies that dealt in this. Certain times in our history I thought I would like to have been there.

To be able to experience times during the Civil War and the courage and abilities to get through tough times and fight for the things that they did. I often heard stories from my grandparents about the early 20's and 30's the joys and sorrows but the sense that even what little they had brought them happiness. I would definitely like to relive my childhood (the saying if I knew then what I know now) I am sure we all would like to have do-overs. This may seem wrong to just be happy with what we have been through, done and accomplished but I guess the perfectionist just wishes I could have done things differently.

Part of the reason for this post is I know it is a part of life in general but my always having the need for everything to go beautifully and without forks in the road has again come to rear it's ugly head. I know I am being unrealistic.

I recently had to have a breast ultrasound after an issue with a mammogram. I am now in the process of having a biopsy shortly due to in their terms, "irregular, dense fibroglandular tissue present".

Of course I am thinking the worst, as I usually do so the past several weeks have been a little unsettling. I am really trying to keep positive, yes I have already done the why me?

So...If I could snap my fingers--snapping, snapping, I truly hope that things will come out fine.

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

I'll snap my fingers too, Cindy.