Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Weekend with A Diverse Group of Women

This past weekend could have been described in 1,000 different ways. To start it was great to be able to get away for a few days after having several weeks of personal issues that are still up in the air for me. The business meeting part of it was something that kept me wondering why some people would question making the changes that we ultimately have decided to go ahead with but not everyone thinks the same and some are just clueless whether by choice or not. The old saying, "you can't get a group of women to agree on everything" definitely is a statement I hate to admit is true. But in the end we made one major decision for MO women. I hope that we will move on and make it a group that is user friendly by all ages of women. Only time will tell....whatever Missouri Federation of Business and Professional Women's Club Inc. decision is I hope my decision is to be apart of it..

We did have a little fun too. Although I didn't go shopping, just spending leisure time with one of my wonderful friends was great. The ride up was filled with a variety of conversations, laughter and at least we can say we didn't get hit by a turkey (a little inside joke between those of us from our group who were there).

Meeting new people is always fun. I find that my networking skills get better as I mature. I'm not the little wallflower I used to be..I also even discovered something about one of my friends that we had figure skating in common. How that subject had never come up before I will never know but we now have something new to talk about when we see each other again.

Building Powerful Women is part of the theme of the 90th Celebration of this group that will get together during the summer for as I can only imagine will be a big blowout get together from women from not only MO but also possibly from all over the country. A modern day hen party probably but whatever excuse we use I am positive it will be something we will all remember.

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Joy to the world...Your post made me smile, Cindy. Oh, I stole your picture of us for my blog too. I will make my post tonight and it is about this weekend too.