Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Friday, August 21, 2009

As Dorothy Says, "Their's No Place Like Home"

With just a couple more days left on my bittersweet trip to CA, I have had many days to reflect on this whole excursion. For the last several days I have felt like Dorothy at the end of the Wizard of Oz...you always think things are going to be better somewhere else but when reality sets in your own backyard really isn't that bad after all.

Although I have enjoyed reliving the past with everyone I have seen on this adventure, it has been a little bittersweet. When we left California 13 years it was a rather big adjustment and sometimes as I have very vocally admitted it's been rough but now that I have been able to experience everything out here again, I have found, it's not really so bad. I guess I will have to pull up this blog each time I get a little upset at things.

When I look how it could have been I will admit I am a little glad that we did make the move. I know it was definitely better for all of us but especially for our kids. Midwest life is definitely alot different and I think I didn't allow myself to appreciate until now. Frankly, they need a few lessons on things out here but that would probably be a waste of time. Everyone seems to be so consumed in themselves and not really caring what goes on around them or in other places.

Maybe after almost 48 years I have finally admitted to myself I have grown up and instead of seeing the cup half empty it's really half full. That's happened alot this year, maybe that just means there is more good things to come and be happy with all that our family has.

So whenever I get a little out of line, just remind me about the California Trip of 2009

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Click those heels together.