Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, December 7, 2009

First Holiday Weekend

Well I can safely say I made it through this first weekend. I certainly wondered when the week started if I was. For some reasons the first weekend of any month for me is always filled with alot of things but this one because of the holiday coming up was extremely full. With all of my extra curricular things comes with monthly meetings and events and usually with all of these comes with either a luncheon or dinner. I actually had to think back and I couldn't remember if I even ate any meals at home except for breakfast everyday. I know for sure my diet seems to have flown out the window. And then the proverbial gift exchanges. I enjoy this except when I haven't had time to really shop. I do like to put a little thought into this because who doesn't like to get a gift? But unfortunately, I had barely even done any Christmas shopping as of yet by the time the first time for exchanges came along. I am way behind this year. By the time Thursday's meeting came along I was just glad the weekend was coming so I could plan a true trip to go Christmas shopping.

Some girlfriends and I decided to kick off our weekend by going to the movies on Friday night. Let me tell you I haven't been to the late movie and I don't know how long but after a long, long day I wondered if I would be able to keep my little peepers opened that long.

We decided to see "The Blind Side". I am not really sure the reasons other than it had great reviews and Tim McGraw was in it, along with Sandra Bullock. In a nutshell the story was about a young man who was taken in by a family because he didn't have anyone who wanted him.

His mom was a drug user, he didn't know where his father was and the system had pushed him from place to place. You might think this is a typical plot line but this one was a little different.

This young man is now a pro football player with the Baltimore Ravens and on the road to success. All of us decided it was a great movie and would recommend seeing.

The rest of the weekend was busy with my booth at the craft show and then I actually got to spend Sunday afternoon shopping. I didn't get all of it done but made a significant dent in my gift giving.

I am sure this week will be a little slower, hopefully but let's not be "blind sided" by what the true meaning of the holiday is. It's not just the gift giving, but the time we can spend with our love one's, and also the birth of Jesus. It is is the reason for the season.

No comments: