Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Caught Up to Me

It seemed like only yesterday that I was out in California enjoying my two week getaway and now we have raced through Halloween and Thanksgiving without a turn of the head it seems.

Now we are in day two of December and I kinda wonder, how did the Christmas Rush creep up on me? I had every intention of starting my shopping yesterday. I got David off on his December run, went to a monthly meeting and as I was sitting in the meeting I was plotting my route to where I would start my Christmas shopping in town. After a few minutes I felt like the room was spinning a little. By the end of the meeting all I wanted to do was get in my car and get home, hop into bed and close my eyes. And that's exactly what I did. I just felt plain icky. I think it may have been all the excitement of the past week with Thanksgiving and all the excitement with having company at home. And today was actually my first day back to my reality. I guess it was just too much to handle. So needless to say I spent the rest of the day in bed, not answering phones and catching little naps. By later in the evening I felt lots better and managed to fall asleep by 10:00 p.m.

With the 23 days that I have left, I guess I must use my time a wisely as possible. Christmas is meant to be a time of remembering so many things, the birth of Jesus, giving to others, spending time with family and friends and reflecting on how special our live are. It is a wonderful thing to do all these things, but least we forget our lives seem to go by warp speed almost on a daily basis. We must take time for ourselves, no it's not selfish, because if we don't how can we be of any use to anyone?

Countdown to Christmas. Happy Holidays to all. Always remember those who are least fortunate.

1 comment:

DollMum said...

I don't know how it has descended upon us so quickly this year either, suddlenly last posting day to family overseas if looming, and I haven't even made Christmas lists yet of presents to get, though have got some gifts. And you are quite right - Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and spending time with family, and that it what we shall do - December will be very busy doing lots of Christmassy things together. I hope you enjoy yours.