Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, October 4, 2008

30 Year Reunion

Well it is hard to believe that 2009 will be my 30 year high school reunion. Wow!! it is hard to believe it has been that long, and boy sooo much has happened I can't believe it. The day I walked that line to get my diploma and walked out of Banning High School is literally a lifetime away. The person that walked those halls has done a complete 180 and so many stories to tell.

Growing up an only child, a meek and mild young lady with absolutely no idea what life was really like outside the walls of my parents house. It would take many years, and many stumbles to try and figure out who I am. I don't think I still have figured that out yet. I don't know maybe we really never find out who we really are.

The fantasy is always there of going back in time and reliving your school years, especially high school. I would have liked to be more popular, do more activities, take chances like others did but I guess that would have changed who I am today.

One thing I wish is that more of us had kept in touch with each other throughout the years. I Of course lately several have come out of the woodwork with e-mails. I guess out of sight out of mind and then it hits us. I think I am lucky I do have a couple I hear from time to time, we've married (some of them multiple times) had children (some of them many, some none) there children have married now they have grandchildren; unbelievable sometimes!

We all have different memories of high school, overall my experience went well. And also I can say there were teachers that I would later say had overwhelming influence on how I live my life to this day.

I am sure it will be fun to see them. Because we probably really haven't changed much at all.. Yeah Right! the clicks will probably be the same, a little more weight, or maybe less....a little grey hair, or some are bald, but deep down we are still the same kids that walked the halls, a little more wisdom and all with paths that took different ways in life.

A Banning Pilot forever.......

2 comments:

L S Fisher said...

Great blog, Cindy. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on former classmates. Keep up the good work!

mcgeant said...

How could that much time have gone by?? I went to the 10 year class reunion, but haven't been to one since then. I bet people look a lot different now, including me!