Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, October 18, 2008

People Watching and Old Memories

I remember when I was growing up I spent alot of time entertaining myself. Something you do alot when you are an only child. Be it sitting at the mall or even when I was skating at the rink I would spend an awful lot of time just standing and watching people. (This used to make my mom mad as she always said with the little time we had to skate I wasn't using my time wisely).

In today's times of multi-tasking I still find it easy to observe people. Recently I was at a Ladies Night with my Beauticontrol business and these always give you a great opportunity to watch people and the different reactions they make to things. I happened to be next to a guy from a major water distribution company and he had free water for people as they walked by. He told those who stopped by that ice cold water is better for you than any other as it boosts your metabolism and allows you to burn calories better. Most of those who stopped to listened were surprised at this what seemed like new information to them. As one woman stopped to listen she asked the gentlemen, "So if I eat ice cream does this also burn more calories because it is cold?" As I listened and watched as he tried to as gently as possible not to embarrass the woman he replied, "No I am sorry it's not the same" we both couldn't help but get a chuckle out of it.

It did bring a memory back from my childhood though. I remember when we would go out to a restaurant and they would always fill your water glass with water and I would quickly grab the glass and drink feverishly, the first words out of my parents mouth were "don't guzzle your water it will spoil your dinner".

Little did I know they were doing me a favor.....Now I "guzzle" that water today so I don't eat all my food....Imagine that....

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Hey, Cindy, I'm with the ice cream lady! Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the laugh this morning.