Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Year Older

Time flies it seems when another birthday rolls around. 47 years and what do I have to show for it? A few more grey hairs that I have to touch-up more and more, a couple more wrinkles to try and hide with creams and potions, a few more aches and pains but hey overall I have had an interesting, eventful, unpredictable, life so far.

This past weekend we brought back a tradition and went skating for my son's birthday who just so happens to be the day after mine. His first on ice experience was at the age of 4, although he had pretty much grew up at the rink, tagging along with me. We walked down memory lane about that first experience because it was also when he met Tom Hanks and got his autograph. He was their for a family get together and was gracious enough to give Matthew an autograph and also sing a little Happy Birthday song on the spot. I remember he was just so nice to take the time with a 4 year old. I also remembered how Matthew told him he had seen a couple of his pictures "Man with One Red Shoe" and "The Burbs". This of course was early in his career and way before his multi-Academy Award winners but he chuckled at the fact that a young boy would know those films. Probably films he would like to forget now...What an experience it was....

Matthew turns 23 today, hard to believe but that day will forever be in my mind. He took his time coming and he still continues to be a bit of a procrastinator to this day. The little story about his arrival according to David is that I had said over and over that I really didn't want to share my birthday with him since I had up to that point had to share my birthday with my adoptive father and I didn't think it was fair. So Matthew was born at approximately 2:00 a.m.
I still stick to my story that he controlled the time he was born not me, but David still thinks differently.

Anyway we had a great weekend and look forward to the next birthdays in both our futures

1 comment:

mcgeant said...

You and me both lady! I didn't know that you and your son shared the same Bday. That's so nice and easy to remember that way. :') I don't know where the time has gone. Seems like each year goes by faster than the last. I guess that is what happens when you get older. You look great in the pic you posted!