Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Dog's Story

Our Biscon Snookie is not yet 7 years old so he is still considered a youngster in dog/human years but he has had alot packed into those seven years. This week I had a scare because he had a tumor that just kinda popped up on his backside that seemed to grow rather rapidly. With pushing from the groomer/breeder that we got him from I made the dreaded appointment to have it checked out.

Now mind you years ago we had a rough go at it with our Cocker Spaniel Lady who had a rough two years with mammary tumors, I new that wasn't what Snookie had since he is a boy and they don't get that type of tumor but just the word didn't set well with me. After having to go through the usually exam, one not very pleasant for either me or Snookie the veterinarian felt it was best to have to removed. So the appoint was set for Friday. Of course the first thing through my "cup half empty" mind was it's more than likely cancer since I fell like we live in the cancer capital anyway.

Early Friday morning we marched into the office both with apprehension on our faces I don't know who had Snookie or me. As I handed him over I couldn't help know I was doing the right thing and with tears in my eyes I walked out and waited the long 5 years until they called and said he had made it through fine.

When I went to pick him up the vet had more great news..He proceeded to show me the tumor the size of a golf ball, dissect it and said. It's just a fatty tumor.. Hurrah. After the ordeal Jennifer and I just laughed and said Snookie had lipo.

I am a cup half empty kinda girl but am so glad things have seemed to come through great and it wasn't alot worse. But I am not surprised at anything this dog makes it through I truly believe he has my granma Edith as his guardian angel.

Starting with he was named after her favorite dog, then back in 2004 he decided to see if the grass was greener on the other side of home and escaped on his own personal escapades for a week and a half. He eventually was tracked about a half mile away in a field by a local attorney and Matthew and I went and picked him up. I think that probably taught him a lesson you don't want to run away in early December. He has always kept us on our toes and don't know what our world would be without him, thanks God for not taking him yet we want him around a little longer.

No comments: