Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Terrific,Terrible Tuesday


This was a day for the books. It seemed like I was all over the place with an unbelievable schedule. Got my hour walk in the morning that helped to at least pump me up for the day. It's amazing how much better it makes me feel.
Then it was on for a hair trim and conversation with one of my many therapists (just kidding). I told him that he wears many hats having an occupation of hairdresser. I try to spare him a lot of my issues because I know he hears many throughout the day.

Mid afternoon it was off to Meals on Wheels board meeting. I cross my fingers that we will get more people involved that can have staying power. It seems we lose alot to age, health--you get the idea. I am the youngest involved in the board, where the average age is 60+. Nothing against experience but it just makes it more difficult to move into the future with what we need to do to help more people. Can only hope that things will get better with time.

Late in the day it was a trip to the veterinarian for my little white Biscon Snookie. We found a lump on his backside a couple of months ago and needed to make the decision that it needed to be looked at. He is scheduled for surgery on Friday to have it removed. He has no clue but truthfully I am scared to death. We won't really know until pathology report comes back so have a feeling my weekend and early next week will be nerve racking until the verdict is in. He is special to our family and he is still a young guy of 6 1/2 so pray and keeping fingers crossed that it's nothing.

The end of my day consisted of a kick off for my second year in the fitness makeover. It's small scale compared to Biggest Loser but a good motivator. There are 7 on our team and we are all ready to get moving. After receiving all our information a couple of us went to a Women's Wine Tasting Night at a local establishment that has recently opened up with good reviews (yes I know drinking wine probably isn't on most diet plans but somedays you just have to splurg) I am by no means a wine aficionado but it was interesting. They mixed a wine (don't remember the name but it was an Austrian wine) with a sample of salmon. My take on it was that the first taste wasn't impressive but after the third the two did compliment each other fairly well. They do this every Tuesday evening and I hope to be able to attend more and maybe get a little more educated about wine and what to buy. I usually just buy it for the taste, price, and the pretty label. Not exactly what you are suppose to do but it usually works for me.

I ended the evening by finishing my most recent book "A Redbird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg. I had read a short review on this on another blog and when I saw it was in at the library I snatched it up. It's a very quick read and was truly a great ending to my day. In a nutshell the book is about hope, believing, and a wishes do come true. I am surprised it hasn't been made as a movie for the holidays by Lifetime or Hallmark Channel. I would definitely recommend it. It brought a couple tears to my eyes, but hey it doesn't take much for me to turn on the water works....

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Cindy, I hope you get good news! Sounds like a hectic day. I have a headache today and I think it is from my super-hectic week.

The wine tasting sounds like fun.