Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, December 8, 2008

Letter's to Santa

With all the serious problems with our economy today I am so grateful I am at an age now that I no longer compose a letter to Santa.

I remember as a little girl I would hurry to get my list together every year to have out for Santa with his cookies and milk each year by our fireplace. I usually kept the list pretty short, not like today where kids seem to have pages and pages that cost the big bucks.

One year I wanted a talking telephone (something popular in the 60's), a Lite Brite (Santa was able to fill that wish or the Easy Bake Oven) but needless to say I usually got at least a couple off the list each year.

When I married and had children of my own, I got to experience first hand what it was like to try to make sure that Santa made the kids wishes come true within reason. The year of the double bikes, the doll houses, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles, Lego's we had as much fun putting things together as they had playing with there toys.

In the future it will be grand kids to help in conjunction with Santa to make there wishes come true. I am glad now that I have a little bit of a breather especially this year. Yes I have cut back on purchases and am aiming to get gifts that are a little more practical, but I am sure the joy in giving and receiving will still be appreciated.

I still think it is alot more enjoying to be the small child who still believes in Santa, I guess that small child still exists in all of us, including me. And as my mother-in-law has always said, "You stop believing, you stop receiving".

No comments: