Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, December 1, 2008

Reliving the Memories of Holidays Past

I am going to try and hit upon some of the past Christmas time memories that have happened over the years that helped to shape my life throughout the years.

One that happened 26 years ago was the day that David and I got engaged. Our chance meeting one year earlier before the Thanksgiving holidays would help to shape the wonderful years we have spent together. The story of our meeting I like to say you meet the person you are going to marry not when you are looking, but when you aren't.

I was a part of our inter-office move and David worked for the moving company that moved our facilities. We literally spent an entire weekend Fri-Sun for 12+ hours a day moving our office of 100+ people. He said the first thing that impressed him about me was the fact that I worked harder than any of the guys did, "beware of things in small packages". We managed to eat lunches and dinners together and when he came back to the new office on Monday morning I already had my phone number ready (if he asked, and he did) and I guess they say the rest is history.

The following year on Christmas Eve he went down on one knee in my apartment and proposed with a lovely ring he picked out all by himself. Needless to say it was the best Christmas gift I had up until that time.

So for those who try and try to find that special someone, stop take a break and let it happen on its own, it's worth the wait....

No comments: