Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Parties Over--Back to Reality

Wow I hate to say it, no not really but I am glad it's over. I feel like I was on holiday overload and unfortunately I crashed on December 23rd. I would have just been happy to take to my bed, pull up the covers and sleep through Christmas. I think because I had the majority of my shopping over way before I usually do it really took the fun out of it this year. That's what the economy does when you start shopping so early I guess. But rest assured nothing was bought at full price, every time I turned around I was salivating for that extra percentage off my purchase just like everyone else in line. Something we had better not get so comfortable with because it is wonderful. It really gives you a false sense of security.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were really mostly a blurr and then I was in marathon mode with TV for three days after. I think my husband thought I had finally lost my marbles he couldn't believe I could watch so many episodes of House/NCIS. Hey don't let him kid you he was right next to me most of the time and enjoying every minute.

But back to the real world, back to the grind, let this year be over in a few days, toast the New Year with a little bubbly and keep our fingers crossed for 2009.

No comments: