Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Man's Best Friend-Your Never to Old

I have and always will be a dog lover. I have had the little four legged canines in my life since I can remember. Although I did have a cat for a couple years. I am definitely a dog person. My two boys at home have brought me much joy, a few headaches and yes they are very, very spoiled. But no matter what I do or how I feel they are at my feet, sitting next too me and comfort me when I feel not so great.

I loved the fact that this year's winner of the Westminster Dog Show was an "old timer". Ten year old "Stump" the Sussex Spaniel was truly a winner. Pretty good for a "70" year old senior. He almost died four years ago and came out of retirement to win "Best in Show". I loved the interview the day with his handler. Stump was just laying beside his feet like he was at home and resting after a meal.

My two boys breeder has been at the Westminster show many times both with Biscon's she has shown and last year she won an award with one of the Lowchen's she is part owner and handler for. She has said numerous times she just loves all her animals and enjoys when they bring home awards. I am sure she will have some interesting insight on what actually went on this year.

I wonder if she got to meet "Stump"?

No comments: