Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Smoking Anything--In My Opinion

It seems their has been alot in the news lately about issues relating to smoking both cigarettes and marijuana and thoughts on legalizing the later. My opinion only-- and I know I am not alone.

As far as cigarettes I think it is a dirty, filthy addiction. It is no different than any, addiction be it eating disorders, gambling, drinking etc. Any addiction a person has can consume their lives after long periods of time. Any of them cost alot of money, lives and change our moral compass.

I have never smoked be it either one and never wanted too. I was around second hand cigarette smoke for most of my life since my granpa smoked. I didn't think at the time what possible side effects it would cause me then and in later life. I still really don't know for sure that it didn't effect me. I never chose to try marijuana because I saw the repercussions it caused to people I new. Also I have always liked to be in control of my actions, you give that up when you start partaking in things that can alter your daily lives.

I compare smoking like this "if something is on fire they don't tell me to stand in the middle of the fire and inhale, its going to kill you, that's why they call it dying from smoke inhalation". It's not cool, never has been, it makes you stink and those around you too, and kills you from the inside out.

Yes it's a chose and unfortunately some of you have made the choice to shortened your life, granpa, mom and many other's but I couldn't change your mind and no one could have. It's just my opinion and everyone has one....

No comments: