Quote for the Day

"A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work" -Colin Powell

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Luck of the Irish?


Well it wasn't enough that alot of airlines added extra fees and then took away certain things when you fly. But I think this is going to the extreme and wonder if this was just a media ploy to advertise the airlines in question.

Ireland's economy flyer Ryanair's decision to possibly charge $1.43 to use the in-flight restrooms. I can't help think that if you took a male/female poll on this that probably more men would be paying then woman because I think it is a known fact that women can hold it longer than men. I have been known to refuse to use a bathroom across multiple states. I have also flown many flights and never used the restroom.

The statement from the CEO of the airlines said he didn't think there is anybody in history that hasn't gotten on board one of their aircraft's with less than $1.00. I don't believe that is the issue here and correct me if I'm wrong.

There are so many quotes that come to mind. "You play, you pay". "Pay with your life", but "You pee/poop you pay"? Think its getting out of hand. But I also have a feeling that the spunky Irish will make Mr. O'Leary think this one a little further before he attempts to collects.
The stubborn part of me is definitely Irish....


1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Let me tell you that's one long ride from Boston to Ireland. I'm darn sure I used the restroom before I got there! I imagine that if someone really had to go, you'd be better off to pay their $1.00 than to smell their accident!